Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content


Federal Loan Deferment

After you graduate or otherwise leave the University of Central Missouri, you may find that you're having difficulty making the monthly payments on your Federal Perkins Loan and/or Stafford Loan. Applying and being approved for a deferment permits you to postpone your monthly payments on the loan principal (the total gross amount you borrowed) and frequently the interest too. You may qualify for a deferment if you're attending a college or university at least half-time, are unable to secure full-time employment, or are experiencing economic hardship.

Click here for detailed information about how to apply for a federal loan deferment.

Federal Loan Forbearance
Federal Loan Consolidation