Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content


Federal Loans

The federal government offers three low-interest loan programs to students and parents to assist them in paying the educational and living expenses incurred to attend UCM. After being fully admitted to the University of Central Missouri, the first step in applying for any federal educational loan aid is to complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).The UCM Office of Student Financial Services uses your FAFSA data to determine the types and exact loan amounts you and your parent may qualify to receive. These award offers are then posted at your MyCentral Portal.

Stafford (student) Loans
Perkins (student) Loan

PLUS (parent) Loan
PLUS (graduate student) Loan


Entrance Counseling (required of all new Stafford Loan borrowers at UCM)
Exit Counseling (required of all Stafford Loan borrowers prior to leaving UCM)

Be Careful!
Credit History
Federal Student Aid Ombudsman
Bankruptcy Issues
Are You Graduating?

Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Income-Based Loan Repayment