Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content


Federal Loan Forbearance

After you graduate or otherwise leave the University of Central Missouri, you may be willing (but not financially able) to make the monthly payments on your Federal Perkins Loan and/or Stafford Loan. If you do not qualify for a federal loan deferment, applying and being approved for a forbearance will permit you to postpone your monthly payments (or make lower payments) for a limited period of time.

Unlike a deferment, you normally must pay the interest due each month during any forbearance period that is approved for you. However, you can choose to capitalize the interest and have it added to the total amount outstanding on the loan when you're once again able to make regular monthly payments.

Click here for detailed information about applying for a federal loan forbearance.

Federal Loan Deferment
Federal Loan Consolidation