Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content


International Students

In accordance with federal regulations, undergraduate and graduate students who are residents of countries other than the United States are normally ineligible to receive federal financial assistance to attend the University of Central Missouri. Such students include those individuals in the United States on an F1 or F2 student visa, a J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa, or a G-series visa.

However, students officially classified as 'eligible non-citizens' may often qualify to receive federal aid to assist them with their educational and living expenses. Such individuals include, but are not limited to U.S. Permanent Residents (these persons must hold a valid I-SSI or I-SSIC) or a holder of an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) designated as a 'Refuge', 'Asylum Granted', 'Parolee', or 'Cuban-Haitian Entrant'. For detailed information regarding how to apply for federal grant, loan and employment assistance, click here.

Information about scholarship and award programs for which international students may qualify is available from the UCM International Center and by clicking here. For details about applying for loan funds, the information at and may also be helpful.