What is TRIO?
TRIO helps you graduate by providing tuition-free courses, personalized advising, academic tutoring and mentoring.
Why Should I Join TRIO?
- early enrollment for classes
- personalized advising
- tutoring and academic coaching
- easy-to-access faculty
- grants and scholarships
- private computer lab with free printing
- laptop computers for short-term checkout
- leadership opportunities
- and workshops to help you manage your money, develop your personal brand and career strategy, and pursue excellence in the university
TRIO students are more likely to graduate than their peers
How Do I Join TRIO?
Students must be eligible, apply, and be selected in order to receive benefits and services. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate, a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident, and:
- Be a first-generation student (neither parent earned a bachelor's degree), OR
- Demonstrate financial need, OR
- Be challenged with a disability
To be selected, successful candidates must show that they need the program and can demonstrate a potential to be successful at the University of Central Missouri. Spaces are limited.