The University of Central Missouri's Environmental, Safety & Risk Management major
is an online BS degree completion program specifically designed for transfer students.
Designed to assist individuals with associates degrees earn a BS degree in a highly
competitive career field. Designed to maximize use of credit hours earned in an associate’s
degree to accelerate time to graduation and reduce cost.
A graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental, Safety & Risk Management
will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Collect, analyze and interpret relevant data to reduce the risk profile of an organization.
- Interpret OSH performance measurements for effectiveness and continual improvement.
- Demonstrate the development and delivery of effective training by employing various
- Communicate the risks and explain the business importance of responsible business
practices to interested parties.
- Apply appropriate risk management techniques.
- Integrate the concepts of risk identification, risk analysis, risk evaluation, risk
treatment, and responsible business practices.
- Integrate financial and non-financial justifications into the development of policies,
procedures, and systems that align with organizational strategic plans.
- Gather and apply credible information & technology to communicate, manage knowledge,
prevent or mitigate risk and support decision-making.
- Explain the role and importance of leadership in a risk management context.
- Describe and distinguish legal, moral, and sustainability principles relevant to OSH