Outstanding Scholarship/Creative Activity Award
Outstanding Scholarly/Creative Activity Award
Purpose of award: To recognize outstanding Scholarly/Creative Activity by a faculty member in the College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences over a period of at least five years ending in the spring of the year the award is made.
Nomination procedure: Each department may nominate one of its faculty members for the Outstanding Scholarly/Creative Activity Award each year using its internal governance process. The department chair will inform the nominee in writing that he/she has been nominated. If the nominee accepts the nomination, he/she will compile a packet of materials indicating the extent and significance of his/her scholarly or creative activity over at least a five-year period. The packet should include a current vita and no more than ten pages of supporting materials. The department will provide a letter of support, accompanied by the original nomination notification, as part of the packet. The material should be sent to the Dean's office electronically no later than 5 p.m., Monday, February 1, 2016.
Criteria for the Selection of Recipients
Criteria for this award include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- A record of refereed, discipline-related publications, including articles, books or chapters in books, monographs, and other refereed or commissioned publications
- A record of producing, publishing, exhibiting, or performing creative work which has been subjected to juried and/or critical review
- A record of presenting refereed, discipline-related papers, speeches, lectures, and accounts of research at institutions, conventions, workshops, and symposia
- Recognition, awards, and honors from professional societies and organizations related to the faculty member’s academic discipline
- A record of participation in post-doctoral programs, institutes, clinics, conventions, internships, and workshops in the faculty member’s discipline, especially those where participants were competitively selected