New Faculty Achievement Award
Purpose of award:
To recognize faculty of the College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences for outstanding professional achievement within their first three years at UCM.
- Each department may nominate one of its faculty members for this award each year using its internal governance process.
- The department chair will inform the nominee by letter that he/she has been nominated.
- If the nominee accepts the nomination, the department chair will notify the CAHSS office no later than 5:00 pm on December 21 of the current academic year.
- The nominee will compile a packet of materials indicating the extent and significance of his/her achievements, due electronically to the CAHSS office no later than 5:00 pm, February 1 of the current academic year.
- The packet should provide:
- Thorough and pertinent professional biographical data and evidence supporting the fulfillment of the criteria cited below.
- It should also include a current vita and no more than ten pages of other relevant supporting materials.
- Student and alumni comments and recommendations are encouraged.
- The department chair will provide a chair letter of support, accompanied by the original nomination letter, as part of the packet.
Criteria for the Selection of Recipients
Candidate must have two or more distinguished achievements as a scholar, teacher, performer, or creator within the first three years at UCM. Examples of such achievements include, but are not limited to, the following: publications of major importance, exceptional artistic achievement, significant contributions to the expansion of knowledge, development of innovative teaching methods and/or materials, leadership in professional associations, and outstanding service to the University.
This award is restricted to faculty members who have been at UCM for fewer than four years.