Open Calendar
A garden on campus


Click to print this page

Graduate Students - Steps to Apply


If you have earned a bachelor's degree, master's degree or other advanced degree you can apply for graduate admission. Explore the options below to find out which application you should choose.


Master's Degree, Education Specialist Degree, Doctoral Degree

We have over 40 graduate programs to choose from. To begin your application for one of the degree types listed above, get started by clicking the button below.  If you are a current UCM student who is pursuing one of our accelerated programs, this is the correct application to apply for the graduate portion of your degree.



Certificate Seeking

Whether you are looking for a stand alone Alternative Teacher Certification or one of our many program specific graduate certificates, please choose the link below to begin your application. 



Non-Degree Seeking

If you are interested in taking a few graduate courses without pursuing a specific degree, the non-degree seeking application is where you will want to start.  This is also the application if you are seeking DESE Certification (including Temporary Authorization Certificate or a Career Temporary Authorization Certificate), professional development, or taking courses through PBS Teacher Line or Project Lead the Way (PTLW) and want credit from UCM. 



Change of Program

If you need to change your program at UCM, please submit our change of major form below. 

Change of Program

 Change of Term

 If you are a currently admitted graduate student and would like to change your admission term, please submit our form below.

     Change of Term

A student poses for a picture on campus

Learn more about how to become a UCM Graduate Student, review our admissions requirements.

Admissions Requirements

A picture of the friendship tour

Don't miss a step. Review our process page to make sure you stay on track during all things admission.

Admissions Process Checklist

Campus in Spring

Already applied? Login to your student status portal to keep a tab on things.

Check Your Application Status



Graduate Studies
University of Central Missouri
Ward Edwards 1900
Tel: 660-543-4729


  • facebook
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • linkedin
  • instagram