Open Calendar


Click to print this page



If you are considering dropping a class(es) to be entitled to a refund, ensure you withdraw by the Registrar's established deadlines and understand how withdrawing from a class may affect your academic standing.  Financial aid recipients should consider financial aid policies that may  affect their current award or any future aid awards.  If unsure, please contact the Office of Student Financial Services with any questions before you withdraw/drop a class. 

Refunds for Excess Payments

If you have paid your account balance, then choose to drop a class within the Registrar's established refund deadlines, you may have a credit balance on your account.  If you have Direct Deposit established in your UCM Payment Center, the funds will be sent electronically to your bank after the office closes on refunding days.  It may take your bank one to three days to credit your account.  If you do not have a valid account for Direct Deposit established, a check will be mailed to your local or campus mailing address the Friday after your refund is processed. Please note, if you paid with a credit card, the refund will be returned to that credit card.

Refunds from Financial Aid

If there is a credit balance on your account after educational charges are satisfied, you may be eligible to receive a refund. Your credit hour enrollment must be sufficient in order to receive and retain the aid that pays toward the charges. If you have dropped or withdrawn from some courses, there may be a required adjustment in your financial aid; see "Changes to Your Financial Assistance" on the Financial Aid Policies page.

Students may elect to receive their refund to the bank account of their choice by logging in to MyCentral and setting up an e-refund account. The e-refund account information is maintained by the student and is stored on a secure server at our hosted site. Students should review their account information periodically to ensure that it is up to date. A student may elect to receive their refund in the form of a paper check. In absence of a stored e-refund account, a check will be issued.

Parking permits, child care expenses, tickets and fines are examples of " educationally-related" charges that some students elect to have billed to their account. If you would like your excess financial aid to pay these charges, federal regulations require UCM to obtain your authorization. To consent, log into MyCentral, on the Student Services tab, click the link that says "Authorize Federal Aid," read the statement and if you agree, click the button to submit your authorization.

Appeal for a Tuition Refund

Tuition and Mandatory Fees are automatically refunded to students according to the refund deadline schedule posted by the Registrar (available in MyCentral also). However, in cases where a student believes a refund should be granted, which differs from the established schedule for a dropped class, an online refund appeal may be filed. Appeals should be filed only for very unique or extraordinary circumstances within three (3) months of the date he/she withdrew from the course. Once the appeal is received, the reviewer may request additional information or documentation from the you, the instructor, or any other pertinent party. The process normally takes 2-3 weeks and the student will be notified via email regarding the decision.

The link to the appeal form is located in MyCentral on the Student Financial Services page within the "Financial Services Forms" section.  Please note, if you are withdrawing from all courses, contact the Office of Student Experience and Engagement.

Financial Aid Recipients: Refer to the Financial Aid Policies to understand how a change in the credit hours you are enrolled in may affect your aid.

Frequently Asked Questions About Refunds

May I keep a credit balance for future charges?

Credit balances are typically refunded automatically, therefore credits cannot be held for future terms.

How do I set up direct deposit?

The student may set up direct deposit by logging into their MyCentral account and entering the UCM Payment Center via the link on the Student Financial Services tab. Once in the payment center, click on the "Electronic Refunds" option to enter the routing and account number to either your checking or savings account.

Will I get a refund?

Please see the "Refunds from Financial Aid" section on this page.


  • facebook
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • linkedin
  • instagram