I'm a future:
Bachelor of Science in Education Degree
The Art Education program at UCM is designed to simultaneously develop your artistic abilities, knowledge and thinking, as well as the skills and understanding required for entry into the profession of teaching.
Why Choose Art Education at UCM?
- The Department of Art and Design is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
- UCM is the only state supported 4-year institution in Missouri with NASAD accreditation and has been since 1986.
- The Teacher Education Program is accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education.
What will I study?
As an Art Education student you'll receive the Bachelor of Science in Education degree, which provides them with K-12 Missouri teaching certification in art. Art Education majors acquire a broad base of experience in studio art, art history, art criticism, aesthetics and the art education process.
- Artists in Contemporary Society
- Educational Psychology
- Methods of Teaching Art
- Painting I
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value an engaging learning experience that includes student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Art Education there are several opportunities to be involved:
- American Institute of Graphic Arts
- Art Ed Club
- Clay Club
- Print Club
- Student Artist Coalition
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio at UCM is 17 to 1, which allows professors to get to know students and provide personalized attention.
The Department of Art and Design has an outstanding faculty with extensive records of achievement and recognition in research and exhibition who are committed to teaching and developing the artistic potential of every student. The art education program is directed by two full-time faculty, both with public school teaching experience and strong connections to art education professional organizations.
Learn more about Art Education at UCM:
Department of Art and Design