I'm a future:
Bachelor of Arts Degree
The International Studies program helps to create and reinforce a cross-cultural lens through which you are able to view and analyze the increasingly global community where we live and work. The major offers a curriculum recognized by employers seeking candidates with the ability to evaluate and understand the impact of globalization on individuals and societies.
Why choose International Studies at UCM?
- This program offers study abroad and internship opportunities in more than 50 countries.
- This program brings in various informative speakers with whom you'll be able to interact.
- There are numerous scholarship opportunities available for students in this program.
What will I study?
International Studies courses provide you with the necessary tools to assess and follow global political, economic and social trends that arise in historical events and cultural dynamics.
- Comparative Cultures
- Comparative World Religions
- Globalization and the Future
- International Relations
What can I do with a degree in International Studies?
- Civil Servant
- Global Consultant
- International Aid Officer
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value engaging learning experiences that include student involvement and service-learning projects.
In International Studies, there are several involvement opportunities:
- International Studies Association
- Model United Nations
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio is 20 to 1, which allows professors to get to know students and provide personalized attention.
In addition to a wide range of academic and professional experience, all of the International Studies faculty members have earned doctorates in their fields. These faculty members stay current with their profession through research, writing and participation in regional, national and international conferences.