I'm a future:
Fashion: Textiles and Clothing in Business
Bachelor of Science Degree
The Fashion: Textiles and Clothing in Business program at UCM prepares students for a business-related career in the fashion/textile industry.
Why choose Fashion at UCM?
- UCM's Fashion and Apparel Merchandising program is nationally accredited by the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences and is listed in the top 15 fashion marketing schools by fashion-schools.org.
- Each year, fashion students get the opportunity to design outfits made completely out of recycled materials and show them off in the annual Haute Trash Fashion Show.
- Every February, students have the opportunity to take a trip to Las Vegas to go to the MAGIC tradeshow, which is the largest global marketplaces for apparel, footwear and accessories for buyers and brands.
- A variety of international and domestic study tours are offered, all of which are based on student interests. UCM's study tours have visited Paris, Italy, Spain, New York and Dallas.
What will I study?
This program provides students a theoretical foundation in marketing as well as hands-on experience in laboratory settings. It includes a combination of area-specific fashion/textiles and business courses that place an emphasis on national and international markets, and an internship is required.
- Apparel Quality Analysis
- Fashion Buying
- Fashion History of Costume
- International Apparel Technology
What can I do with a degree in Fashion?
- Fashion Editor
- Merchandise Buyer
- Pattern Designer
- Trend Coordinator
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value an engaging learning experience that includes student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Fashion, there is the opportunity to be involved in the Fashion Business Association.
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio at UCM is 20 to 1, which allows professors to get to know students and provide personalized attention.
Highly qualified faculty members who have practical and educational backgrounds in apparel and textiles merchandising teach the Fashion courses. In addition, all of the faculty members possess current industry experience.
Learn more about Fashion: Textiles and Clothing in Business at UCM