I'm a future:
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree
As a student in UCM's Interior Design program, you will study aesthetic and technical experiences in order to solve problems related to the function of interior environments and to enhance the health, safety and welfare of the public.
Why Choose Interior Design at UCM?
- The program is fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
- The UCM Interior Design B.F.A. degree has achieved national accreditation by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation.
- You will have 24-hour access to a computer lab where computers are stocked with professional software.
- The Department of Art and Design awards incoming student portfolio scholarships to freshman and new transfer students.
What will I study?
Through a series of projects, the Interior Design program will help you sharpen your visual, oral and written skills.
- Art Theory and Criticism
- Construction Documentation for Interior Design
- Interior Design Environmental Systems
- Interior Detailing and Furniture Design
What can I do with a degree in Interior Design?
- Architect Drafter
- Art Director
- Civil Drafter
- Computer-Aided Design Technician
- Cost Estimator
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value an engaging learning experience that includes student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Interior Design, students have an opportunity to be involved in:
- The UCM Interior Design Student Association
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio at UCM is 17 to 1, which allows professors to get to know you and provide personalized attention.
Faculty members in the Interior Design program are committed to each student's success. Faculty members offer expertise and professional experience in lighting design, presentation styles, and residential and non-residential interior design. Students who are interested in special projects often work very closely and individually with members of the faculty to develop knowledge in specific areas of interior design.
Learn more about Interior Design at UCM:
Department of Art and Design