I'm a future:
Middle School - Junior High School
Business Education Subject Area, Bachelor of Science in Education Degree
UCM's teacher education program prepares you to be competent, caring, reflective teacher committed to the premise that all can learn.
Why Choose Middle School-Junior High School at UCM?
Option 2: Business Education
- UCM has the reputation for preparing some of the finest teachers in the classroom today, According to the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- This program is fully accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and has been nationally recognized by our specialized professional association: the Association of Middle Level Education.
- There are several international study opportunities in this program.
What will I study?
The program certifies you to teach subject areas Business Education, Engineering, Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Science, Speech/Theatre, and Technology in grades five through nine.
- Fundamentals of Middle Level Education
- Managing Classroom Technologies
- Psychology of Adolescence
- Student Teaching
Related areas of concentration:
What can I do with a degree in Middle School-Junior High School?
- Teacher - grades 5-9
Browse additional careers and opportunities
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value an engaging learning experience that includes student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Middle School - Junior High School Education, there are several involvement opportunities:
- Collegiate Middle Level Association
- Kappa Delta Pi
- Leading Educator Advocates for Diversity
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Student Missouri State Teachers Association
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio is 20 to 1, which allows professors to get to know students and provide personalized attention.
Faculty members all have public school teaching experience and are qualified teachers who present papers at international, national and state conferences and serve as advisors on several Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education committees.
Learn more about Middle School-Junior High School at UCM.