I'm a future:
Bachelor of Science Degree
The Professional Photography program at the University of Central Missouri is designed to prepare individuals for success in the highly competitive field of professional imaging.
Why Choose Professional Photography at UCM?
A degree in Professional Photography provides students with an array of associated disciplines ranging across the creative and managerial domains.
- The photography classrooms and laboratories at UCM are comprehensive and well equipped for instruction in all aspects of professional imaging.
- Current computer workstations and printers are available for students to learn contemporary digital image capture, manipulation and more.
- Each year, photography students host a photo expo in the JCK Library where they can show off their work.
What will I study?
Students of the program are trained to be image-makers who have developed a highly refined visual literacy.
- Business Management for Photographers
- Color Imaging
- Digital Media
What can I do with a degree in Professional Photography?
- Bio-medical Photographer
- Fashion and Product Photographers
- Photography Teacher
Browse additional careers and opportunities.
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value an engaging learning experience that includes student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Professional Photography, there are several involvement:
- American Society of Media Photographers
- Professional Photographers of Missouri
- UCM Photographic Society
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio at UCM is 20 to 1, which allows professors to get to know students and provide personalized attention.
Faculty members are active in research, writing, image exhibitions, and they participate in workshops and seminars to stay current in their field.