I'm a future:
Bachelor of Arts Degree
The Political Science program at UCM offers a balanced curriculum of classroom studies and practical experience. This program will prepare you for alternative perspectives on political values, cultures, institutions, policy making, and civil liberties and rights.
Why Choose Political Science at UCM?
- As a Political Science student, you'll benefit from high-profile speakers such as women's right activist Lilly Ledbetter and U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia.
- Participation in Politics and Social Justice Week provides you with the opportunity to engage in fun, political events and extra-curricular activities.
- You'll work with dedicated faculty members, such as Political Science Professor Jim Staab, who is a credited author and political source for USA Today.
What will I study?
The program includes courses in areas such as national and state government institutions, international relations, political parties and interest groups, public law and the judicial process. By pairing theory and application, this program prepares you for a successful career in politics, government or law.
- Research Methods
- World Politics
- Survey of Political Theory
- American Government
What can I do with a degree in Political Science?
- FBI Agent
- Law School
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value engaging learning experiences that include student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Political Science, there are several involvement opportunities:
- Students for Political Action
- Pre-Law Student Association
- Pi Sigma Alpha
- College Democrats
- College Republicans
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio is 20 to 1, which allows professors to get to know you and provide personalized attention.
In addition to a wide range of academic and professional experience, all of the department's faculty members have earned doctorates in their fields. Faculty members stay current with their profession through research, writing and participation in regional, national and international conferences.
Learn more about Political Science at UCM.