Master of Arts in Teaching
Ready for a career change? Turn your passion for teaching into a career at the University of Central Missouri with your Master of Arts in Teaching degree.
Online* - Lee's Summit - Warrensburg
The MAT program is a two-year, graduate-level program that enables professionals with their bachelor's degree to become certified teachers, and offers numerous options to tailor your degree to fit your niche.
20 Certification Areas
- Business Education (vocational)
- Earth Science
- Educational Theory+
- Family and Consumer Science (vocational)
- Library Media Specialist, K-12
- Middle School-High School Education
- Music - Instrumental of Vocal
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
- Special Education Mild-Moderate Cross Categorical, K-12
- Special Education Severely Developmentally Disabled, B-12
- Speech Communication and Theatre
- Technology and Engineering Education
* All MAT courses are offered online. However, not all courses required for specific certifications may be online. Check the certification requirements for Middle School and Secondary Education concentrations.
Your certification area does not need to correspond to your undergraduate major, though many will.
+Coming Soon: Educational Theory, fall 2015. Educational Theory is not focused on teacher certification and is open to international students.