Open Calendar
students shopping in Union


Click to print this page

Manage Your Mule Card

I have my ID.  Now what?

Now that you're an official card-carrying member of the University of Central Missouri, you may have some questions about how to use it, add funds to it, or report it missing. The answer to all of these questions is to access Student Account Management (SAM). With SAM you can add Central Cash, add Dining Dollars, buy a bus pass, check your balances, or report a lost or stolen card.


Student getting ID Card picture taken

Not just an ID

Your UCM Mule Card is used to identify you as a member of the UCM campus community, but it can also do so much more! You can use it all over campus. Wash laundry, cheer at a Mules or Jennies game, bowl at the Union Bowling Center, and watch a movie in the Union Cinema all with Mule Card. You might need to eat too. Don’t worry, we’ve got that covered. Read on to learn more.

Students in line at SubConnection

Mule Card Purchase Power

The Central Cash on your Mule Card can be used in the Elliott Student Union dining locations, Print Stop, and The Mule Post as well as at the University Store and all UCM dining halls. You can also use Central Cash for vending machines, residence hall laundry machines, library copy machines, and at the University Health Center.

Dining Dollars are tax free at Westside Market, Ellis Dining Center, Chick-fil-A, Starbucks, Taco Bell, The Grid, CRU5H, Einstein Bros Bagels and Traditions at Pertle Springs. Both Dining Dollars and Central Cash roll over from semester to semester as long as you are enrolled at UCM.

Stacks of Coins

Deposit Funds

With SAM you can: Add Central Cash and/or Dining Dollars online. They can also be added to your account through MyCentral at the bottom left of the UCM Home tab.

If you don’t want to make your money transaction online, you can go to the Student Financial Services office in Ward Edwards 1100 or use the VTS (Value Transfer System) machine in the Elliott Student Union, Ellis Hall, or UCM’s Lee’s Summit campus to load Central Cash. Dining Dollars can be added to your Mule Card in the Housing Office in Ellis L23.

 People in line at UCM US Bank ATM

Take it to the Maxx

Get your UCM Mule Card and VISA® Check card all in one!

Combine the access of your Mule Card with the convenience of a U.S. Bank student checking account. Mule Card Maxx gives you the power to use your card at any ATM or make debit purchases from your checking account. The on-campus U.S. Bank branch and ATMs provide a personalized, convenient way for UCM students to bank on campus.

Still have more questions?

Read the Mule Card FAQs

Where are the on-campus U.S. Bank ATMs located?

Elliott Student Union, Ellis Hall and The Crossing.

Call the U.S. Bank on-campus branch in the Union at 660-747-6143 for more information.

I lost my Mule Card, what do I do?

Access SAM or call the Campus Card Center at 660-543-8443. We can check to see if your Mule Card has been turned in to us, and if not, we can void that card so it cannot be used to make purchases. To replace your card, come by the Campus Card Center anytime during our regular business hours. There is a $20 replacement fee that will be charged to your student account.

What if I need a UCM faculty/staff Mule Card?

Human Resources will give you a sheet that has your information on it. Bring that by the Campus Card Center and you'll have your UCM faculty/staff Mule Card in just a few minutes.

Where do I go to get an ID Badge, SRWC card, or a retiree card for UCM?

Stop by the Campus Card Center after your required paperwork has been completed. They can make any of these cards for you.

What if I am staff and a student? Do I get two Mule Cards?

No. Each person can have only one Mule Card. You will have to evaluate which Mule Card would benefit you most depending on your job, how many classes you are planning on taking, etc.

I think someone has been using my Dining Dollars to order food from campus retail dining. Who do I contact about this?

 You need to contact Sodexo at 660-543-4012 to report the problem.

I found someone's Mule Card. What do I do with it?

Please bring it by the Campus Card Center, or mail it to us. Since the cardholder has to come in to replace it, we always check to see if it has been turned in. If you found a wallet, purse, etc. with a Mule Card in it, please take it to Public Safety if it was found on-campus, or the police department of the city you found it in. You can also turn it in to the lost and found located at the Union Information Desk.

What if my Mule Card isn’t working properly?

Stop by the Campus Card Center.  We can work with you and help troubleshoot any issues you may be experiencing.

Campus Card Center

511 S. Holden St.
Elliott Student Union, Suite 119
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Tel: 660-543-8443


  • facebook
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • linkedin
  • instagram