Two students pose for a picture on campus in summer.


Click to print this page

Current Students


Once you’ve been admitted to the university, we want to make your transition to an official UCM student is as smooth as possible. International students should read this page and also explore our international pages for other important information. Please feel free to print this page for your convenience.

Visit UCM and your degree program prior to enrolling

Meeting with your program advisor is an excellent way to ensure that your program of study best fits your needs at UCM. You may set up a campus tour and meeting with your department  here. Visiting campus is optional but highly recommended.

Seek extra financial support

If you are seeking federal loans, complete a  FAFSA form by March 1 for priority consideration.  Apply for a Graduate Assistantship.  Review the information about seeking funding from the UCM Student Financial Aid Office.

Locate housing

If you are relocating to UCM, we suggest that you begin looking for a place to live as soon as possible. Since most housing units are filled prior to August each year, it is best to begin looking in May or June. Find out more information about on campus living options or check local listings for the Warrensburg area.

On campus and University housing options

Off-campus living

Chamber of Commerce

Access your MyCentral Account

As a UCM student, you will be using the online My Central for several important functions. Enrolling in classes, checking your grades, and paying your bill are examples of what you can do online with your student account.

How do I get to MyCentral?

1) The direct link is

2) You may also go to MyCentral by going to UCM’s homepage and clicking on the link at the top of the page that says "Current Students."

What do I need to log on to MyCentral?
In order to log on to MyCentral you need a Student Number and a Password.

1) Student Number
Enter your student number on the MyCentral login as a nine-digit number without any dashes or spaces (700xxxxxx).

2) Password
Once students are assigned a student number, an email will be generated with a link to retrieve your password.

Change of Major

If you are currently enrolled as a degree seeking graduate student and would like to change your major, you should compete this application.

Change of Major Request

Access Blackboard

Blackboard is an online service instructors use to supplement learning and conduct online classes. Blackboard has a variety of functions such as hosting group discussions, submitting papers, and taking online quizzes or tests, each course utilizes these functions differently.


Obtain a student ID card

Your student ID card can be used for meal plans, checking out library books, charging books from the university store, and more. You can get you card as soon as you are enrolled as a student.  You may pick up your student ID card at Elliot Union 207A.

Manage your Mule Card

Contact your academic advisor to discuss course registration

Once students have been admitted to a graduate program at UCM, a faculty member in the appropriate department is appointed as the graduate advisor. Graduate advisors assist in planning courses required for the program of study and will serve as a mentor throughout your graduate career. Please check with Graduate Studies or your department immediately to determine your graduate advisor.

Get your textbooks for class

Textbooks can be purchased at the University Bookstore. You can visit the University Bookstore in the Elliott Student Union, online or through your MyCentral account.

Access your bill online

You can pay your bill online through your MyCentral. Once logged in, click on the “Student Services” tab and the access your account through the UCM Payment Center.

Get Involved!



Graduate & International Student Services
University of Central Missouri
Ward Edwards 1800
Tel: 660-543-4621


  • facebook
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • linkedin
  • instagram