On behalf of our faculty, staff and students, we welcome you to the Department of Theatre & Dance. At Central Missouri, we have a long standing tradition of training students and teachers for professional theatre careers and for staging some of the finest academic theatre productions in our region. We pride ourselves in serving as a cultural outlet for the UCM and local communities, as well as the West-Central Missouri Region.
UCM Department of Theatre & Dance Mission Statement
The Department of Theatre & Dance is dedicated to developing the intellectual growth, creativity, artistic leadership, professional behavior and preparedness and passion of its students by combining rigorous theatrical training within a liberal arts education. Through its curriculum and production program, the department is committed to providing outstanding instruction and training as it prepares students for graduate school, professional theatre training programs, and for careers in professional and educational theatre. The department also serves as a vital force in the cultural and intellectual life of the University of Central Missouri, the community and throughout the region.
- Provide academic training and practical experience for students pursuing professional careers in theatre, theatre education and related arts.
- Enable students to expand and apply their knowledge of the literary, historical and philosophical aspects of theatre by providing a rich curriculum that has both depth and breadth.
- Enable students to develop a variety of skills that will allow them to effectively participate in the creation of quality theatre performances.
- Foster students’ understanding and appreciation of the arts through general education courses and the production program.
- Enhance the cultural and intellectual life of the campus and the region through a diverse array of quality theatre, musical theatre, and dance productions.
- Provide professional training opportunities for students and faculty through Central Missouri Repertory.
- Maintain a faculty dedicated to excellence in teaching, creative/scholarly, endeavors, and service to the department, college, university, community and the profession.
- Provide mentoring and establish connections for students pursuing future internships and employment related to their degree program.
Your Online Theatre Resource
As you explore our site, be sure to check out our degree programs, the 2016-2017 production schedule, our outstanding facilities and student opportunities. We want you to get to know our faculty and staff, browse photos of our past productions, and check out our scholarship offerings. Also, we would love to have you visit and be our guest at one of our productions.
Developing A Culture of Philanthropy For Alumni and Friends In the summer of 2016, The Department of Theatre and Dance established The Greenroom Guild. This philanthropic model encourages our alumni and friends to make small recurring gifts to the Theatre Foundation Fund as a means of “giving back” (Alumni) or “supporting the present and investing in the future“ (Friends). If you would like to support the ongoing mission of The Greenroom Guild, please click on the link to process your donation. For further details about what Greenroom Guild funds support departmentally, and the benefits of alumni membership, please click on The Greenroom Guild link in the left hand menu.
The Greenroom Guild: Honoring The Past. Supporting The Present. Investing In The Future.