Open Calendar
students working on tablet


Click to print this page

Dual Credit High School

What is Dual Credit?

Dual credit is a program specifically designed for high school students who are ready for the challenge of college academics.  The program enables high-performing students to simultaneously earn high school credit and college credit for coursework completed in the high school classroom.


 Frequently Asked Questions

What are the benefits of dual credit?

  • Increased or weighted GPA. Turbo charge your race to the top of your high school ranking.
  • Saves Time. Finish your college degree faster by meeting high school and college requirements at the same time. The earlier you start the more credits you can earn through dual credit. Complete 30 credit hours while in high school and shave an entire year off college. 
  • College Readiness. Experience college-level coursework and expectations. Prepare early, build confidence and be ready for college rigor.
  • Saves Money. Stretch your college fund or graduate with less student loans. Dual credit courses have a reduced tuition rate that saves you 70% per credit hour. When combined with other discounts available through dual credit, like this one from MDHEWD, they save you thousands of dollars over the course of a college degree.  
  • Makes you eligible for the UCM Dual Credit scholarship. Incoming freshmen who have taken at least one dual credit class with UCM automatically qualify for a $1000 scholarship ($500 per semester renewable for up to six semesters) if also meeting the scholarship requirements listed here.

Cost comparison for 1 year of college (based on 30 credit hours)

Dual Credit

Tuition per credit hour ($96) $2,880
Admission Fee  - waived $0
Books (provided by HS) $0

General Fees - waived

Campus Living Expenses $0
TOTAL $2,880

UCM Undergraduate

Tuition per credit hour (in-state) $7,748
Admission Fee $30
Books ~$1,250

General Fees ($44 per cr)

Campus Living Expenses ~$9,358
TOTAL ~$19,706

Dual credit you can save approximately 86% in the first-year of college

Do I qualify?

 To be eligible to enroll in dual credit courses at UCM, you must meet the following criteria:

11th or 12th graders with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher


      Are automatically eligible for dual credit courses.
11th or 12th graders with a cumulative GPA between 2.5-2.99


      Will need a signed letter of recommendation from their Principal OR
10th graders with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher


      Will need a signed letter of recommendation from their Principal AND
9th graders with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher

     Must have a minimum ACT, or SAT, score of 28 (90th percentile) 
     and a letter of recommendation from their Principal AND Counselor.

Students must meet course placement and eligibility criteria at the time of enrollment.

How do I apply and enroll?

Steps to apply and enroll in dual credit classes

  1. Go to and create an account.
  2. Complete the new student registration/application
  3. The course finder allows new and returning students  to shop for classes available based on their delivery format. Select a class you like and click 'register'. Repeat this step for each class you'd like to add and log out when done.
  4. At this point, your registration request is pending verification and approval. UCM will email you when your registration is complete or if additional information is necessary.

Application and enrollment instructions in PDF format here.

Are there deadlines?

 Yes, admission and registration for college credit in high school classes must be completed, in DualEnroll, by the  following deadlines:


Fall 2022 Deadlines

September 2 - Applications and course requests due in DualEnroll

October 14 - Last day to drop college courses with no course record or tuition penalty (100% refund) 

November 11 - Last day to drop college courses with a grade of "W" (full tuition penalty)


Spring 2023 Deadlines

January 27 - Applications and course requests due in DualEnroll

March 10  - Last day to drop college courses with no course record or tuition penalty (100% refund) 

April 7 - Last day to drop college courses with a grade of "W" (full tuition penalty)

How do I pay my bill?

Once enrolled, students can access their billing statement anytime through MyCentral. Hard-copy statements will be mailed to home addresses but only twice per semester as follows:

  • Fall enrollees receive paper bills in September and November (due on the 15th day of the following month)
  • Spring enrollees receive paper bills in February and April (due on the 15th of the following month)

Starting in Fall 2022 dual credit tuition will be $96 per credit hour.  Tuition may be paid in installments, at a suggested rate of 25% of your total balance, each month. Tuition must be paid in full by the end of the semester to avoid late fees and further consequences. 

Parents must be authorized by their student for access to UCM's payment center. Follow these instructions to authorize additional users.

How do I access MyCentral, Blackboard and UCM email?

Your Network ID and password should be used in UCM web sites or applications configured for single sign-on that prompts you for credentials.

If you don’t know or remember your Network ID, you can retrieve it through the Username Recovery application. This will email your Network ID to the personal email account that is on record.

What class modalities are available?

UCM's dual credit program has ample variety in course modalities available to students, including:

Will I receive a student ID?

UCM ID cards are available upon request online through MyCentral with in-person pick up at our ID Center  (government-issued photo ID required for pick up).

Your UCM ID gives you access to the bookstore, library services, performing arts and sporting events, as well as access to the Wellness and Rec Center (with paid membership fee).

What if I enroll for dual credit and later decide I want to drop the college enrollment?

There are a few things to know about dropping a college course:

  • Dropping the course at the high school, or rearranging your high school schedule, does not automatically drop your UCM enrollment.
  • To officially drop a dual credit course, you must do so in . Please see deadlines section above.
  • If you drop a course by the 100% refund date, there will be no record of the course withdrawal on your transcript (your permanent academic record).
  • If you drop a course after the 100% refund date, you will receive a grade of "W" (withdrawal) on your transcript. A "W" grade has no impact on your college GPA but may affect your financial aid eligibility after high school.
  • If you have extenuating circumstances and missed the drop or withdrawal deadlines, you may submit a petiton to drop with a refund after the deadline.

Will I receive a UCM grade report?

UCM does not send grade reports to parents or students. Students can access final grades through MyCentral.

Final grades are generally available the Tuesday after finals week.

What happens to my credits if I go to another university?

 Your UCM credits can be transferred to other institutions through an official transcript request via MyCentral. Transcripts requests may also be submitted to the registrar's office in person, by mail, email or fax. 

Are my credits transferable?

Missouri Senate Bill 997 established the seamless transferability of core college credits between all public four and two-year institutions in the state. This core transfer curriculum is known as CORE42 and it has been in place since 2018. See the CORE42 list here

The completion of the CORE 42 at any public institution of higher education will transfer to every other public institution of higher education in the state and substitute for the receiving institution’s general education requirement. Individual courses that comprise the CORE 42 are guaranteed to transfer one-to-one among all public colleges and universities.

If transferring credits to other states, credits may or may not satisfy individual program requirements as this is dependent upon the course, major area of study, and/or specific institution requirements. See course transfer equivalencies here.

Will my enrollment in Dual Credit in High School affect my college scholarship eligibility or financial aid?

At UCM, high school graduates enrolling immediately after graduation and carrying dual credits are classified as incoming freshmen, instead of transfer students. Therefore, you will retain your full scholarship eligibility and see no negative impact on your financial aid.

Dual credit may in fact help your scholarship applications by establishing a college GPA before high school graduation.  This gives you definite advantage come application time over students without college credits. Just be sure to maintain good grades!

Why did UCM Student Financial Services (SFS) contact me for my social security number?

Each tax year, the SFS office prepares a tax document, known as a 1098-T, for students that have made payments toward eligible billed charges, such as tuition.  The IRS requires a valid mailing address and student social security number for 1098-T form submissions.  See SFS FAQs to learn more about the 1098-T.


Contact Us

Humphreys 401
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Tel: (660) 543-4876
Fax: (660) 543-8333


  • facebook
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • linkedin
  • instagram