The Missouri Innovation Campus
The Missouri Innovation Campus is an exciting, progressive collaboration between the Lee’s Summit R-7 School District, Metropolitan Community College and the University of Central Missouri. By engaging business partners and community organizations, The MIC is reshaping the way students experience education.
The MIC students graduate with:
- A four-year degree, two years after high school.
- Little to no student debt.
- Applied experience through paid internships.
- Highly sought-after skills for high-paying careers.
A Degree in Less Time
Academic programs at The Missouri Innovation Campus focus on the science, technology, engineering and mathematics fields.
- Bachelor of Science in Systems Engineering Technology - Associate Degree: Computer Science and Information Systems, System Administration and Engineering emphasis
- Bachelor of Science in Drafting and Design Technology - Associate Degree: Engineering Technology, Architecture emphasis
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Associate Degree: Computer Science and Information Systems, Software Development emphasis
Beginning their junior year in high school, students take classes from Metropolitan Community College and the University of Central Missouri to earn college credit. Soon after high school graduation students will have their Associate's degree.
After high school graduation, students who finish their entire MCC curriculum are eligible to complete a bachelor’s degree from UCM in only two years.
An Outstanding Value
One of the most significant obstacles facing students who pursue a college education is cost. The MIC delivers the value of a four-year degree with no student debt through:
- Student Employment
- Tuition Forgiveness
- Institutional and Departmental Scholarships
- Shared Tuition
- Low-Interest Loan Programs
- Paid Internships
The Missouri Innovation Campus is a bold, visionary approach, connecting students with a valuable, affordable education, and connecting businesses with the skilled, career-ready workforce they need.