Violence & Substance Abuse Prevention-
Partnering for Positive Change
Because substance abuse and gender violence are complex issues affecting multiple facets of society, comprehensive solutions are required to affect change. The Office of Violence & Substance Abuse Prevention leads or are members of several campus, local, and state organizations to achieve our mission.
- The UCM Campus Alcohol Board oversees the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategy to reduce high risk alcohol use by UCM students, and reviews and recommends changes to university policies and procedures.
- The Community Culture of Responsible Choice (CCoRC) is a coalition of community members from UCM, Whiteman AFB, Warrensburg, and Knob Noster who are working in a joint effort to change the environment in regards to underage alcohol access, education and consumption.
- The Warrensburg Area Partners in Prevention promotes a positive culture in Warrensburg by defining expectations and supporting initiatives for the responsible sale, service and consumption of alcohol.
- Missouri Partners in Prevention provides evaluation, funding, training and technical assistance, and coalition building expertise to Missouri college campuses in support of efforts to create a campus, city, and state environment that supports responsible decisions regarding alcohol.
- The Missouri Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence is a statewide membership coalition of organizations and individuals working to end violence against women and their children through direct services and social and systemic change.
Resources for Our Partners