"What Can I Do With a Major in...Studio Art?"
Why Major in Studio Art?
The graduate with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Studio Art will use the knowledge and skills obtained in these programs to:
- Illustrate the basic concepts of the major sub-disciplines of sport management from social, psychological, and international perspectives.
- Explain the dynamics of sport, recreational sport, non-sport recreation, and leisure in society.
- Develop and evaluate a management plan in sport event and facility management.
- Evaluate effective management and leadership principles, ethics, and their respective applications to various sport organizations.
- Create strategic sport marketing and communication plans and applications.
- Analyze market structure in sport to include distinctions between market types.
- Explain relevant legal terminology and evaluate legal case studies in sport law.
- Demonstrate competence in writing, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
Related Career Titles
|Advertising Artist||Bookplate Artist|
|Architectural Conservationist||Corporate Curator|
|Art Administrator||Curatorial Consultant|
|Art Advisor||Freelance Collection Manager|
|Art Buyer||Gallery Owner|
|Art Critic||Motion Picture Scenic Designer|
|Art Exhibition Coordinator||Mural Artist|
|Art Foundry Technician||Museum Artist|
|Art Gallery Manager||Museum Curator|
|Art Investor||Newspaper Artist|
|Art Librarian||Stained Glass Artist|
|Art Preservationist||Visual Resource Curator|
|Artist||Greeting Card Artist|
|Artistr Representative||Fine Artists|
|Art Director||Medical Illustrator|
|Book Illustrator||Sketch Artist|
|Comic Book Artist||Technical Illustrator|
|Commercial Illustrator||Video Game Designer|
|Corporate Designer||Web Page Designer|
|Arts Organization Consultant|
Related Job Listings/Job Search Website
Clay Club (UCM)
National Council for the Education of the Ceramic Arts
Greeting Card Association
Society for Environmental Graphic Design
Society of Illustrators
The Art Directors Club
Guild of Natural Science Illustrators
Animation Blog Spot
Animation World Network
American Federation of Arts
National Association of Independent Artists
Americans for the Arts
Four-Year Academic Plan
Studio Art Major (Area 1: Sculpture), B.F.A. Degree
Studio Art Major (Area 2: Painting), B.F.A. Degree
Studio Art Major (Area 3: Ceramics), B.F.A. Degree
Studio Art Major (Area 4: Printmaking), B.F.A. Degree
Studio Art Major (Area 5: Illustration), B.F.A. Degree
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Career Services Center by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me?
Career Development Coordinator