"What Can I Do With a Major in...Athletic Training?"
Why Major in Athletic Training?
Athletic Training Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate delivery of comprehensive health care to designated populations, consistent with best practices in the profession.
- Students will demonstrate the capacity to effectively engage in and make contributions to interdisciplinary health care in a diverse number of settings.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in assessment of pathologies, both illness and injury, including development of differential diagnoses.
- Students will demonstrate development of effective plans of care for patient populations, including the realm of emergency care response.
- Students will demonstrate clinical proficiency in risk management including the prevention of injury and spread of infectious disease.
- Students will demonstrate an ongoing awareness of the dynamics related to modern health care administration and delivery.
Related Career Titles
|Adventure/Risk Trainer||Occupational Therapist|
|Aerobics/Group Exercise Instructor||Personal Trainer|
|Athletic Enhancement Program Director||Professor/Educator|
|Athletic Trainer||Sports Club & Resort Management|
|Exercise Physiologist||Sports Physical Therapist|
|Fitness Program Coordinator||Strength & Conditioning Specialist|
|Fitness Consultant||Team Physician|
|High School Athletic Trainer||Weight Training Instructor|
Related Job Listings/Job Search Website
Physical Fitness Club (UCM)
American Alliance for Health,Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
American College of Sports Medicine
American Physical Therapy Association
National Association for Sport and Physical Education
National Athletic Trainers Association
National Excercise & Sports Trainers Association
The National Strength & Conditioning Association
Four-Year Academic Plan
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Career Services Center by e-mail at email@example.com and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me
Career Development Coordinator