"What Can I Do With a Major in...Speech Communication & Theatre?"
Why Major in Speech Communication & Theatre?
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Education degree in Speech Communication & Theatre will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of the fundamentals of communication.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of public speaking concepts and principles.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of the theory and practice of argumentation and debate.
- Demonstrate an understanding of communication ethics.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of the theory and practice of interpersonal and group communication.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of school forensics through experiential co-curricular activities.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of mass communication concepts, principles and basic techniques.
Related Career Titles
9-12 Speech and Theatre Teacher
Related Job Listings/Job Search Website
ABC Teaching Jobs
Jobs for Teachers
MOREAP: Regional Education Applicant & Placement Program
Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
Teachers Employment Network
Teaching Jobs K12 Job Spot
Teaching Jobs Overseas
Kappa Delta Pi
Kappa Delta Pi (UCM)
Leading Educator Advocates for Diversity (UCM)
Missouri National Education Association
Missouri State Teachers Association
Student Missouri State Teachers Association
Theatrical Design, Technology, & Management (UCM)
Four-Year Academic Plan
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Career Services Center by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me?
Career Development Coordinator