Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content


Requesting Leave From the Crisis Leave Pool

Full-time employees may only draw upon the Crisis Leave Pool if they are in a no-pay status. Vacation leave, sick leave and all other personal leave must be exhausted.

Full-time employee must have been employed at UCM for at least one year and either a) the employee must have experienced a catastrophic illness or injury, or b) the employee must provide care for a member of their immediate family who has experienced a catastrophic illness or injury.

An employee may request leave from the Crisis Leave Pool by completing a Crisis Leave Request Form. The request must be accompanied by the employee's Family Medical Leave Act form (if not already on file) and any accompanying documentation to the Office of Human Resources.

The Office of Human Resources will review the request to make sure that the employee is eligible to receive Crisis Leave. The employee requesting Crisis Leave must provide all requested information necessary to make a final determination of eligibility.