Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content

Center for Teaching & Learning

JCKL 1340
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Phone: 660.543.8528


Can I receive funding to bring a special speaker on campus?
Yes, the Center for Teaching and Learning's Speakers Series grant to supports bringing speakers/presenters to campus and applications are available at

Can I receive funding to take my students to an off campus experience such as a museum, exhibit, or performance?
While student travel expenses are not eligible, the Center for Teaching and Learning has supported the admission cost of a class' attendance to such events. For consideration, please complete the Institutional Improvement Grant application available at
How do I register to attend one of the faculty/staff development sessions that I've seen on the University Calendar?
Go to the main UCM website, and click on the Calendar icon under the heading "Training Calendar ".  You will need your login information, department, and phone number to complete the registration. In addition, online trainings are available whenever you are online by accessing our campus subscription to Magna Commons.

How do I access on-demand faculty/staff development webinars available through AI Pro, Go2Knowledge, or Magna Commons?
As a faculty or staff member at the UCM, you have access to hundreds on on-demand webinars covering topics from advisement and leadership to teaching strategies and course design. With your UCM login, please visit the CTL Professional Development Resource listing for access information.

I'd like to suggest special training or workshop on campus, is there funding to support this?
Yes, the Center for Teaching and Learning welcomes recommendations for on campus training and workshops from faculty and staff. If you have a recommendation for consideration, please complete the Center for Teaching and Learning Professional Development Presentation Proposal.  

I'd like to attend some special training or a conference that is related to my discipline.  Is there funding available to me?
Yes, the Center for Teaching and Learning offers the Faculty Travel grant to support training and conference attendance. You will find the Faculty Travel application at  

I was awarded funding in support of travel, how am I reimbursed?

The faculty member will complete all required travel documentation through his or her department and the department will a copy of the Travel Expense Voucher to initiate reimbursement from the Center for Teaching and Learning to the department. Please send a copy only via email to

How can I retrive a record of the develpment sessions I have attended?

Yes, please visit . With your UCM login, you will be able to retrieve an attendance record of any CTL development session you registered for and attended. If you did not register but attended a session, please email