Department of Management
Experience a dynamic, team-based approach to experiential learning that will prepare you for a successful career in management.
The Department of Management offers four undergraduate degree programs and one graduate program:
- B.S.B.A. in Management
- B.S.B.A. in Hospitality Management
- B.S.B.A. in Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise
- B.S. in Hotel and Restaurant Administration
- M.S. in Ethical Strategic Leadership
You will gain real-world business experience through internships, student organizations and interactive class experiences. Our highly qualified faculty have strong academic backgrounds as well as real-world experience.
Integrative Business Experience highlights experiential learning.
As a B.S.B.A. major in the Department of Management, you will participate in the Integrative Business Experience during your junior year. IBE includes three core business courses: Management, Marketing and Management of Information Systems, in addition to an entrepreneurship and community service practicum.
As part of the IBE practicum, you will:
- Work as teams to create, manage and execute start-up businesses that use real bank loans as capital.
- Develop interpersonal and group-interaction skills in a work-like setting.
- Learn from first-hand experience.
- Donate volunteer hours to a hands-on community service project.
IBE teams have contributed more than $218,000 to nonprofit organizations and had completed almost 15,000 hours of community service.
Serving the Community
Management students also complete consulting projects and conduct workshops for clients in both the for-profit and nonprofit sectors. Since fall 2008, senior business undergraduate and graduate students in the business capstone course have partnered with local and regional businesses to find solutions to a variety of strategic business problems. Senior level management majors also conduct leadership workshops for local middle school students and real business clients each semester.