Open Calendar


Click to print this page

MVSC New Students

On behalf of the Military and Veterans Service Department, we would like to welcome you to UCM and thank you for your service and scarifice.  Below you will find a new student checklist for service members, veterans, and dependents needing assistance in the process of VA benefits and admission to the university. 

Getting Admitted


Step 1: Apply

Students can apply here

  • Students will need to pay the application fee, and if they are eligible for the military tuition package, once enrolled and package is applied this fee will be reimbursed. 
  • Military students will apply as a transfer student.
  • If you have taken a break for longer than a year, you will need to reapply as a readmit. 




Mail: Office of Admission

          University of Central Missouri

          Ward Edwards 1400

          Warrensburg, MO 64093




Mail: Graduate School and International Admissions

          University of Central Missouri

          Ward Edwards 1800

          Warrensburg, MO 64093


To send your military transcripts you can refer here


 You will be notified of your acceptance ( how is this sent to students). You will be provided a 700# 


Step 2: Financial Services

Complete online FAFSA application

  • This applicaiton may be completed each year beginning October 1. 
  • UCM's school code is 002454

For additional information contact Student Finanical Services


Step 3: Advising

Undergradute students will need to contact the Success Advising Center to schedule a meeting with their academic advisor to assist them in enrolling in courses.  Schedule an appointment here.

For additional information contact the Success Advising Center.

Graduate students will need to contact their Program Coordintor, they can find these here. 

For additional information contact the Graduate and International Student Services.


Step 4: Applying for VA Educational Benefits

To determine eligiblity students will need to contact the Department of Veteran Affairs at 888-442-4551. 

Once you determine what benefit you are elgibile for them students will need to apply for the benefit here. 

If you have used VA benefits at another instituion, students will need to fill out the Request of Change of Program or Place of Training

VA can take 30 days to process, a Certifcate of Eligiblity (COE) will be sent to students. A copy will need to be submitted to the Military and Veteran Success Center. 



  • facebook
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • linkedin
  • instagram