How to Pack
Packing for college is exciting, but the first thing you should do is call your roommate and talk about what each of you is going to bring. You don’t want to have two refrigerators but no TV or two of everything!
Things to Bring:
- Bedding: blankets, pillows & sheets. All of our residence halls require extra long twin sized sheets.
- Toiletries: towels, washcloths, personal hygiene items - don’t forget toilet paper!
- Laundry basket, high efficiency detergent, quarters and stain remover
- Computer with ethernet card installed
- Jump drive or external hard drive
- Extension cords and/or power strips
- Alarm clock
- Desk lamp
- Eating utensils, cups and plates
- Can opener
- Television, dvd player, gaming system and coax cable
- Stereo (and headphones)
- Cleaning supplies (toilet brush, vaccuum, etc.)
- Storage containers
- Anything to decorate your room (photos/posters) and 3M Command wall adhesives for hanging
- Pictures of friends and family
- Organizer or planner
- First aid kit, band aids, tylenol or pain reliever
- Your insurance card/heath insurance information
Things to Leave at Home:
- Toaster ovens
- Space heaters
- Hot plates
- Halogen lamps with bulbs over 100 watts
- Candles/incense (no burnt wicks allowed)
- Weapons of any kind
For More Useful Tips:
Find us on Facebook to ask questions, get answers, see photos of the residence halls and receive updates about events, contests and more.