Open Calendar
lots of dorm room keys


Click to print this page

Move-In and Check-Out

Continuing Your Experience with Apartment Living

ucmo apartment living

Apartment living at the University of Central Missouri provides many options to students including more independent living, unique options, and  the ability to expand your experiences on campus.  We've included some helpful information and tips to get you started as you begin your time in apartment living, as well as information for checking out.

Apartment Move In Information

You will check in for Central Village/Greenwood Park apartments through the University Housing office in Ellis Complex. Upon check-in, you will receive your key(s).  If you owe any additional deposit, you must pay that amount (payable by cash, check, or money order) before keys will be provided (There is not an ATM in our main office) For Foster/Knox, Nickerson, Todd, and The Crossing apartments, check-in will occur in the respective building.

Check-in dates and times will be communicated from University Housing through correspondence to your UCM email address.


Apartment Living Resources


Friday, August 16:

10 am - 4 pm (The Crossing)

10 am - 4 pm (Foster-Knox Apartments, Todd Apartments, Nickerson Apartments)

9 am - 4 pm (Central Village and Greenwood Park) *Check in at Housing office in Ellis L23

Saturday, August 17:

2 pm - 5 pm  (The Crossing, Foster-Knox Apartments, Todd Apartments, Nickerson Apartments)

Sunday, August 18:

9 am - 3 pm (Central Village and Greenwood Park) *Check in at Housing office in Ellis L23)

10 am - 2pm (The Crossing, Foster-Knox Apartments, Todd Apartments, Nickerson Apartments)  


*Student only, please,to keep office congestion to a minimum (unless you have a child)


Please remember that you must have received the Meningococcal Vaccine after the age of 16 years and have documentation on file with the University Health Center in order to move into your on-campus apartment.  

As you plan ahead for move-in, please note certain protocols in place (excluding Central Village and Greenwood Park):

  • Students must also sign up for a time to check-in. (That form will be made available to students via email in mid/late July.)  
  • Only the student is permitted to enter the building at first to check-in/receive keys.  Once student receives keys, guests may then enter to help with moving in items.  We thank you for understanding as we work to keep congestion of lobbies as low as possible.



Check-in Locations

Central Village and Greenwood:  check-in at the Housing Office

The Crossing:  Check-in at the lobby (look for signage if check-in has been relocated to 2nd floor community room).

Foster-Knox:  Check-in at front desk in the lobby

Nickerson:  Check-in at the front desk in the lobby

Todd:  Look for signage on where to check-in/who to call upon check-in located on Todd doors

Sign up for Check-In Required (Except Central Village/Greenwood)

Students must sign up to check-in.  That form will be available to fill in by mid-July


See Instructions on How to Sign-Up for Check-In



Current apartment residents are able to come and go as needed during break and return for spring. 

NEW STUDENTS to apartments for spring semester will be able to check in based on times listed below for those areas:


January 2 - 12th

  • 1 pm - 3 pm at The Crossing front desk or 5pm - 8 pm (Call the duty phone number posted on the front door of the building)

Greenwood Park/Central Village: 

Friday, January 10, 2025 between 9 am - 4 pm

  • University Housing office, Ellis Complex, L23




Friday, January 10, 2025 between 1 pm - 3pm

  • Foster-Knox Front Desk

Saturday, January 11, 2025 between 1 pm - 3pm

  • Foster-Knox Front Desk:  Please report to the front desk of Foster-Knox.  If not staff are present, please contact the CA on duty number:  660-441-3087

Sunday, January 12, 2025 between 1 pm - 3 pm

  • Foster-Knox:  Please report to the front desk of Foster-Knox.  If not staff are present, please contact the CA on duty number:  660-441-3087

Nickerson & Todd Apartments: 


Friday, January 10, 2025 between 1pm - 3pm:

  • TBD

Saturday, January 11, 2025 between 1 pm - 3pm

  • Nickerson and Todd Apartments:  Please report to Todd or Nickerson and signs will be posted with the on-duty number for you to call to inform you are here to check-in

Sunday, January 12, 2025 between 1 pm - 3 pm

  • Nickerson and Todd Apartments:  Please report to Todd and signs will be posted with the on-duty number for you to call to inform you are here to check-in


ACA/CA Information

An ACA (Apartment Community Assistant) is assigned to each apartment complex (Greenwood Park and Central Village) and assists with conflict resolution among neighbors/roommates, responds to all emergency situations, and assists with communication between residents and University Housing.   This person's name and contact information will be provided to you upon check-in. 

The CAs (Community Advisors) in Foster/Knox, Nickerson, Todd, and The Crossing are similar to those in the residence halls.  

Central Village/Greenwood Park Check-in Handout

University and Housing Policies

University policies as well as specific Housing policies can be found in the UCM Guide to Good Decision Making found here.  Specific Housing policies begin on page 186.  Students are expected to know and follow policies at all times.  

What Items are Allowed/ Prohibited

Items allowed in student apartment, but only when student is present include:  curling/straightening irons (and similar products), coffee pots, slow-cookers, candle warmers, slowcookers, air fryers, etc. 

Items prohibited and to be LEFT AT HOME INCLUDE:

Toaster ovens
Outside grills (unless you live at Central Village or Greenwood)
Space heaters
Hot plates
Candles/incense (no burnt wicks allowed, but battery operated candles are allowed)
Scented wax-cube warmers (such as Scentsy) 
Halogen lamps/lava lamps
Weapons including but not limited to all forms of firearms, any mechanical or gas operated mechanism that propels a projectile, ammunition, fireworks, knives with blades that are more than four (4) inches in length, throwing stars, swords, and related items. 

Housing-related Emergencies

For Greenwood Park and Central Village, should you have a housing-related emergency after 5:00 pm or on the weekend and you’re not able to contact your ACA, please call the duty phone at 660-441-1337.   

If you live in Todd, Nickerson, The Crossing, or Foster/Knox apartments, please contact your CA on duty or the Front Desk for any housing-related emergency.


Greenwood Park and Central Village residents: Should you get locked out of your apartment DURING regular business hours (8:00am – 5:00pm, M-F) you MUST come to the Housing Office to check out a loaner key.  (The loaner key must be returned the same day.)  Should you get locked out of your apartment AFTER the Housing Office is closed, you must contact the Housing staff member on duty (refer to Housing-related Emergencies).  

Other apartments:  Visit the front desk of your building to inform front desk staff that you are locked out.  That person will contact a Community Advisor to provide you access to your room.

Greenwood Park Mailbox Keys

You will need to take a copy of your housing agreement to the Warrensburg Post Office (located at 201 E. Gay St.) to obtain the mailbox keys.  There is a $10.00 fee required. 

Maintenance and Submitting Work Orders

If maintenance repairs are needed, please make sure this is noted on the Room Condition/Inventory Form upon checking in.  The ACA will generate a work order to Facilities Planning & Operations (Greenwood Park and Central Village only); however, during the school year YOU may initiate a work order for maintenance issues using the guide below:

Guide to Submitting a Work Order

Utilities (Greenwood Park and Central Village only)

You are responsible for paying the gas and electric at Greenwood Park and Central Village.  Failure to do so will result in a $15.00 monthly service charge for each utility bill we receive and may possibly lead to termination of your Housing Agreement.  If this has not been done yet, you will need to contact the following companies ASAP: 

  • Gas - Missouri Gas Energy:  1 (800) 582-1234
  • Electric - Kansas City Power & Light: 1 (888) 471-5275

Laundry Facilities

The laundry machines/dryers are free to use; however, they are operated by your student ID.  Your student ID will operate the machines if you have an active Housing Agreement to live your designated building.

Laundry facilities are located in the Community Building (Greenwood Park) and the basement of Building 5 (Central Village).  Greenwood Park apartment keys will allow you access to the laundry room in the Greenwood Park Community Building; Central Village apartment keys allow you access to laundry facilities.   All other apartments have laundry facilities located within their building.

Storm Shelters

In case of emergency such as a tornado:

Greenwood Park:  The Community Building serves as a storm shelter as it was built for such purposes.

Central Village:  Storm shelters are located at the back of Buildings 1 and 3 which will be opened in case of such emergencies.

In Nickerson, Todd, Foster-Knox, and The Crossing:  please find shelter at the lowest floor in your hall; find directions for emergency procedures in hallways and/or back of room doors.

Internet Access

Please note that personal routers are not allowed on campus as they interfere with the university’s network. Information will be available when you check in.   Helpful information regarding getting the most out of your WiFi signal can be found on the Technology Support Center page. 

To directly register devices to connect to wifi, please visit  Students are allowed to register 3 devices.  Devices that can connect wireless include various game systems, smart TVs, streaming devices (such as Roku, Firestick, etc).  Laptops, phones, tablets, etc. that can login using network ID and password do not need to register.

Cable TV

Starting fall 2021, cable television will not be provided by UCM.  Upgrades will occur to allow more streaming options/devices.  

Move-Out Cleaning

During your selected check out time with the ACA/CA staff who will inspect your room and complete the checkout process, your apartment MUST be clean.

To avoid cleaning charges, all apartments must be thoroughly cleaned before checking out. The information below explains how you should clean your apartment. Every apartment must be cleaned before EACH resident in each apartment checks out. If your apartment is not clean, your ACA/CA will not check you out, resulting in at least a $50 improper checkout fine.


Furnishied Apartment Cleaning Checklist


Unfurnished Apartment Cleaning Checklist



Furnished apartments:  Foster-Knox, Todd, Nickerson, and The Crossing

Unfurnished apartments:  Greenwood and Central Village

Decorating Your Home

When you move onto campus in the fall, you will create a new home for during your time with us.

  • Posters, pictures, & flags are a great way to personalize your new home, but please use an adhesive that can be easily removed without leaving any residue.
  • Please don’t damage the walls with nails or other permanent mounting devices.
  • You can feel free to measure windows to hang treatments (per guidelines)
  • We suggest using 3M Command adhesives, 3M Command adhesive hangers, or Scotch Magic removable mounts.
  • Just remember to have fun & be creative, but follow the decorating guidelines.
  • NOTE:  Only t-pins are allowed to hang or place items on walls in The Crossing.


  • facebook
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • linkedin
  • instagram