Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content

Registrar & Student Records

Ward Edwards 1000
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Phone: 660.543.4900
Fax: 660.543.8400

Graduation Application

Please apply for graduation within MyCentral.

Frequently Asked Questions:

How do I know if I’m ready to apply for graduation?

Prior to applying for graduation run a copy of your Central Degree Audit (available in MyCentral, Student Services tab) to make sure that it is "clean.” If the audit is showing courses or requirements that are not yet met, but you think you have met them - work with your academic advisor before applying for graduation.

When should I apply for graduation?

Students should apply for graduation one semester before they intend to graduate, after they have enrolled in courses for their final semester. It is NOT recommended to apply for graduation during your final semester, as it is then too late to adjust your schedule in case you are missing requirements.

Students seeking spring or summer graduation should apply in October after signing up for spring semester classes. Students seeking fall semester graduation should apply in March/April after signing up for fall semester classes.

How do I apply for graduation?

Apply online by clicking on the link in MyCentral under the "Student Services" tab, middle column, above the Graduation Regalia Order form.

Make sure to list your name on the Graduation Application as you want it to appear on your diploma. Think about how/if you want your middle name or middle initial listed. If desired, include any suffixes such as Jr. or II.

Make sure that the diploma address that you list will be active one-two months after your graduation date for the mailing of your diploma. You will have multiple opportunities to update this address as the diploma mailing time approaches.

What happens after I submit my Graduation Application?

You will receive an e-mail from 2-3 weeks after applying for graduation with the results of your application. All students who have completed a Graduation Application will be placed on the appropriate graduation list. The Graduation Application will show you the semester you have been approved for (this may differ from the semester you applied for!) and will list out any remaining requirements. PLEASE REVIEW THIS FORM CAREFULLY.

If necessary, make any adjustments in your scheduled coursework. All requirements must be met before a degree will be conferred. This includes departmental substitutions, “U” removals, thesis, portfolios, comprehensive exams, any in-progress transfer course work, listings of departmentally approved major electives, and all other deficiencies.

If you have questions about your graduation review, contact the Office of the Registrar in Ward Edwards 1000 at 660-543-4914 or

During your graduation semester, you will be billed the non-refundable $50 graduation fee. This fee applies to all graduates, even if you choose not to participate in the actual ceremony. If you must delay your graduation after the fee has been charged, you will not be billed again in future semesters.

I've already applied for graduation, but need to change something (like diploma address, add/drop a minor, etc.). What do I do?

Students must keep the Registrar's Office informed of any changes in graduation plans. If you have already applied for graduation, do not apply again. If you have any questions concerning your application or need to amend your application, please contact the Office of the Registrar in Ward Edwards 1000 at 660-543-4914 or

What can I expect during my final semester?

During your final semester, the Registrar’s Office will periodically send you information about graduation beginning about two months before the commencement ceremony. All of this information is delivered via the e-mail account. Make sure that you are checking this e-mail account every few days until you have received your UCM diploma (6-8 weeks after the ceremony).

Candidates planning to participate in the commencement ceremony may pick up a cap and gown (and hood if applicable) at the University Store at the Crossing (660-543-4370) approximately two months before graduation. Picture ID and the Regalia Order Form from MyCentral are required.

Name cards (the card you present to the reader at the ceremony) can be picked up at the Registrar's Office (Ward Edwards 1000) during finals week or at the commencement ceremony. Picture ID is required.

Other graduation items:

I have other questions about graduation, where can I get those answered?

You can find out information about the ceremony at This site is typically updated three months before the ceremony. You may direct other questions to the Office of the Registrar in Ward Edwards 1000 at 660-543-4914 or