Open Calendar


Click to print this page

What is Non-Directory Information?

Non-Directory Information

With the exception of some specific instances (described below), non-directory information and educational records cannot be released without prior, written consent from the student.

Some examples of non-directory information include, but are not limited to:

• Student identification numbers (700 number)
• Social Security numbers
• Ethnicity/race/nationality
• Gender
• Religious affiliation
• Parent name and address
• Grades (student progress reports or final grades, grades on assignments/tests)
• Grade point averages (GPA - cumulative, UCM, major, minor)
• Class attendance records
• Course schedules (including classes enrolled in, number of credit hours enrolled in)
• Central Degree Audit
• Academic Transcript
• Employment that is related to the student’s status as a student

Students who wish to give consent for the release of their academic information may fill out an Authorization for Release of Educational Records form and turn it into the Office of the Registrar in the Ward Edwards building, room 1000 (660-543-4900). The form may also be faxed to 660-543-8400 or e-mailed to

 Non-Directory Information Questions

When is the student’s consent NOT required to disclose academic information?

When the disclosure is (one or more of the following):

  • To school officials who have a legitimate educational interest
  • To federal, state and local authorities involving an audit or evaluation of compliance with educational programs
  • In connection with financial aid; this includes Veterans’ benefits
  • To officials of another school where a student seeks or intends to enroll
  • To organizations conducting studies for or on behalf of the institution
  • To accrediting organizations
  • To comply with a judicial order or subpoena
  • In a health or safety emergency
  • Releasing directory information (unless the student has a block on this information)
  • Releasing the results of a disciplinary hearing to an alleged victim of a crime of violence.

How does a student authorize release of his/her education record in the form of an academic transcript?

Students must sign a Transcript Request form or place a transcript order in MyCentral.

UCM sends official transcripts via paper mail, fax, and email. Transcripts are $10 per copy. Transcripts cannot be faxed outside of the United States.  Faxed and emailed transcripts may not be considered official – please check first with the receiving institution before placing a transcript order.  Requests for pdf transcripts may be made by fax, mail, e-mail, or in person.  Unfortunately, our online ordering system does not accommodate requests for pdf transcripts. 

See our instructions for ordering transcripts for more information.  If you are placing your order by mail, fax, or e-mail please use our pdf request form. Online orders in MyCentral can be accepted for students who attended UCM 1982 or later. 


  • facebook
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • linkedin
  • instagram