Click to print this page



Different offices on campus may put a hold on your account because you have not provided them with something (forms, official transcripts, money) or because they need to speak with you prior to your enrollment. Most holds prevent further course enrollment. Holds also prevent the ability to drop classes in MyCentral.

If you have a hold and wish to drop a class, you will need to contact your success advisor or the Registrar's Office for assistance. Be sure to contact them before the drop deadline.

Some holds also block the release of grades, transcripts, and/or diplomas.  It is important to know what the hold is for and which office has placed it on your account.

 Common Holds Include:

Academic Advisement

Some students are required to visit their success advisor prior to enrollment. Find the contact information for your success advisor here

Accounts Receivable

If you owe the University money for books, tuition, fees, library fines, parking tickets, etc. Contact Student Financial Services at 660-543-8266 or in WDE 1100. 


This hold is placed if the university does not have an active, accurate mailing address for a student or if mail is returned to the university as undeliverable. Domestic students can update their address from the MyCentral Home page, right-hand side, under the "UCM Personal Information" section.  International students must update their address using the form found on this page

Financial Agreement

All students must read and agree to the university's Financial Agreement Statement. This hold is placed by the Student Financial Services Office (660-543-8266, WDE 1100). Students will be prompted to read and agree to this statement once a semester when logging into MyCentral. Once you have read and agreed to the statement the hold will be automatically removed.

Health Center

If you are a student and have not turned in your immunization form with a copy of your immunization records go to this page and follow the directions. 

Inactive Student

This hold is applied to all students who have graduated from UCM, any undergraduate student who has been away from UCM for one or more semesters (not including summers), and any graduate student who has been away from UCM for more than one year. This hold only impacts future enrollment at UCM. To have the hold lifted, students will need to reapply to UCM.  The admitting office (Undergraduate Admissions, Graduate/International Admissions, or Extended Studies) will remove the hold upon admission.  Students seeking undergraduate admissions can contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office at 660-543-4290 or  Students seeking graduate admissions or any international students can contact the Graduate and International Student Services Office at 660-543-4621 or  Students who are non-degree seeking (dual credit, etc.) may contact the office of Extended Studies at 660-543-4894 or


If you have not taken or passed the General Education Assessment (GEA) test or MoGEA for teacher education students. Contact Testing Services at 660-543-4919 or in HUM 216. 

How Do I Know if I have a Hold?

You can check your account for holds by logging into MyCentral. Choose the “Student Services/Records and Registration” tab, and on your student profile you will see a “View Holds” alert on the dashboard. 

If you have a hold, it will tell you the reason for the hold and what restrictions the hold will cause. More information about holds and what office to contact for assistance in removing the hold click here.  For a comprehensive list of all hold types and contact information click here


Office of the Registrar & Student Records
Ward Edwards 1000
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Tel: (660) 543 - 4900
Fax: (660) 543 - 4800



  • facebook
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • linkedin
  • instagram