Close X

Coronavirus Update

All summer classes have moved to a virtual environment. Campus is closed to the public until June 8. Please contact offices by phone or email. Visit for more information.


Click to print this page

Graduation Application

 Frequently Asked Questions

How do I know if I’m ready to apply for graduation?

Prior to applying for graduation run a copy of your Central Degree Audit (available in MyCentral, in the Records and Registration tab) to make sure that it is "clean.” If the audit is showing courses or requirements that are not yet met, but you think you have met them, work with your Success Advisor or Faculty Mentor before applying for graduation.

When should I apply for graduation?

Students should apply for graduation one semester before they intend to graduate, after they have enrolled in courses for their final semester. It is NOT recommended to apply for graduation during your final semester, as it is then too late to adjust your schedule in case you are missing requirements.

Students seeking spring or summer graduation should apply in October after signing up for spring semester classes. Students seeking fall semester graduation should apply in March/April after signing up for fall semester classes.

To be included in the printed commencement program students must apply for graduation 6-8 weeks before the commencement ceremony. Specific deadlines can be found in the current undergraduate/graduate catalogs.

How do I apply for graduation?

Apply online by clicking on the link in MyCentral in the "Records and Registration" tab, middle column.

Make sure to list your name on the Graduation Application as you want it to appear on your diploma. Think about how/if you want your middle name or middle initial listed. If desired, include any suffixes such as Jr. or II.

Make sure that the diploma address that you list will be active one-two months after your graduation date for the mailing of your diploma. You will have multiple opportunities to update this address as the diploma mailing time approaches.

What happens after I submit my Graduation Application?

You will receive an email from 2-3 weeks after applying for graduation with the results of your application. All students who have completed a Graduation Application will be placed on the appropriate graduation list. The Graduation Application will show you the semester you have been approved for (this may differ from the semester you applied for!) and will list out any remaining requirements. Please review this form carefully.

If necessary, make any adjustments in your scheduled coursework. All requirements must be met before a degree will be conferred. This includes departmental substitutions, “U” removals, thesis, portfolios, comprehensive exams, any in-progress transfer course work, listings of departmentally approved major electives, and all other deficiencies.

If you have questions about your graduation review, contact the Office of the Registrar in Ward Edwards 1000 at 660-543-4914 or

During your graduation semester, you will be billed the non-refundable $50 graduation fee. This fee applies to all graduates, even if you choose not to participate in the actual ceremony. If you must delay your graduation after the fee has been charged, you will not be billed again in future semesters.

I've already applied for graduation, but need to change something (like diploma address, add/drop a minor, etc.). What do I do?

 Students must keep the Registrar's Office informed of any changes in graduation plans. If you have already applied for graduation, do not apply again. If you have any questions concerning your application or need to amend your application, please contact the Office of the Registrar in Ward Edwards 1000 at 660-543-4914 or

What can I expect during my final semester?

During your final semester, the Registrar’s Office will periodically send you information about graduation beginning about two months before the commencement ceremony. All of this information is delivered via the email account. Make sure that you are checking this email account every few days until you have received your UCM diploma (6-8 weeks after the ceremony).

Candidates planning to participate in the commencement ceremony may pick up a cap and gown (and hood if applicable) at the University Store at the Crossing (660-543-4370) approximately two months before graduation. Picture ID and the Regalia Order Form from MyCentral are required.

Name cards (the card you present to the reader at the ceremony) can be picked up at the Registrar's Office (Ward Edwards 1000) during finals week or at the commencement ceremony. Picture ID is required.

I have other questions about graduation, where can I get those answered?


You can find out information about the ceremony here. This site is typically updated three months before the ceremony. You may direct other questions to the Office of the Registrar in Ward Edwards 1000 at 660-543-4914 or

Other Graduation Items:

  • Summer graduation candidates are invited to participate in the spring (May) ceremony.  PLEASE NOTE: The May 8th and 9th Commencement Ceremonies have been postponed in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and are rescheduled for Saturday, August 1st. When we have more information, it will be posted to this site and emailed to the degree candidates.
  • Teacher education candidates must contact the Teacher Certification Office (LOV 2170, 660-543-8441) concerning a teaching certificate.
  • Students must fulfill all financial obligations to the University before their diploma or certificate will be issued or before a transcript can be requested.
  • A student who has borrowed Federal Perkins Loan aid while enrolled at UCM is required to schedule an exit interview with the Office of Student Financial Services (Ward Edwards 1100, 660-543-8266). This should be done during his/her final semester.
  • A student who has borrowed Federal Stafford aid must attend an exit interview. He/she will be notified by the Office of Student Financial Services regarding when and where these sessions will be conducted (Ward Edwards 1100, 660-543-8266).
  • Candidates should contact the office of Career Services (Ward Edwards, Suite 1200, 660-543-4985) for assistance with their job search.


Office of the Registrar & Student Records
Ward Edwards 1000
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Tel: (660) 543 - 4900
Fax: (660) 543 - 8400


  • facebook
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • linkedin
  • instagram