Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content

Registrar & Student Records

Ward Edwards 1000
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Phone: 660.543.4900
Fax: 660.543.8400


Central Degree Audit

What is the Central Degree Audit?

The Central Degree Audit is UCM’s degree audit system. It uses the DegreeWorks software from Ellucian. The Central Degree Audit is a valuable academic planning tool for students and academic advisors. The Central Degree Audit is personalized to the student and contains academic information about the student’s degree, major(s), and minor(s).

The Central Degree Audit gives a complete picture regarding what degree requirements have been met, are in progress of being met, and are remaining. It is a quick tool that can be used to check your progress in your degree program.

How do I get a copy of my Central Degree Audit?

Students at UCM have access to their Central Degree Audit online via MyCentral. Once logged in go to the “Student Services” tab, “UCM Student Records”, and then “Central Degree Audit”. Click on the DegreeWorks button. 

A new window will open (outside of MyCentral) and your current Central Degree Audit will show on the screen. The audit defaults to the "Student View". You may also choose to show only uncompleted requirements by selecting "Registration Checklist" and clicking the "View" button.

You may choose to save either/both the Student View or Registration Checklist as a pdf (the file will come up as .cgi, change it to .pdf to save). It is recommended that students run and save a copy of their Central Degree Audit prior to enrolling in classes (to see what requirements remain unfulfilled) and then again after processing enrollment (to make sure what you signed up for is counting where you thought it would). Students should keep these pdf copies of the Central Degree Audits for their permanent academic files.

My Central Degree Audit lists the wrong major!

If your Central Degree Audit lists the incorrect degree, major(s), or minor(s) or catalog year, see your Office of Academic Advisement to have your curriculum updated. Graduate students should contact the Graduate School at 660-543-4621.

I am thinking of changing my major or adding a minor?  Can I do a "What if" degree audit?

Yes. A "what if" degree audit is run for degrees/majors/minors/catalogs that you are thinking of switching to, but you're not ready to make the actual change yet. The "what if" does not permanently change your declared curriculum; it just shows you what you would need if you were to change your major/minor.

To run a "what if" audit, log into MyCentral and bring up your current Central Degree Audit. Next choose the "What If" option on the left side of the page. Pick your level (typically Undergraduate), degree type, and catalog year. (Tip: either use your current catalog year from your existing degree audit or choose the most current catalog year.) Choose the major or minor that you want to view. If the major has an area/option, choose that as well. (Tip: read about the major first in the appropriate catalog at to see if it has an area/option.)

What do the different symbols on my degree audit mean?

There is a legend at the bottom of your Central Degree Audit that will explain what each symbol means.  A green check mark means that a requirement is completed.  “IP” denotes “in progress” and will be next to any classes that you are currently enrolled in or are enrolled in for a future semester.  An empty box with a red outline indicates that a requirement is not yet completed.  The degree audit will tell you what specifically is “Still Needed:” in red text.

If you have any questions regarding how to interpret your Central Degree Audit, please contact the Office of the Registrar and Student Records or your Academic Advising Center.

What does the catalog year listed on my Central Degree Audit mean?

The course information that is displayed on your Central Degree A udit follows the curriculum (general education, major, minor) from a specific Undergraduate Catalog.  You can access all active catalogs online at  Most students follow the catalog that was active during their first semester of enrollment at UCM, but students may also choose to update to a more current catalog.

All catalogs older than 8 years are expired and audits are not available for these catalogs.  If your degree audit lists an expired catalog year you should meet with your academic advisor to update to a valid Undergraduate Catalog.

Limitations of the degree audit report

Students pursuing an individualized major or minor will not be able to use the Central Degree audit for the major portion of their curriculum.  Instead, you will use the contract developed between you and your advisor or the major/minor department chair.


If you find a discrepancy between what your Undergraduate Catalog lists as required in your curriculum and what your Central Degree audit lists, contact the Registrar’s Office at 660-543-4914 or


Learn more about the Central Degree Audit in our FAQ.