Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content

Registrar & Student Records

Ward Edwards 1000
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Phone: 660.543.4900
Fax: 660.543.8400


How to Order an Official Transcript

A student may order an official UCM transcript the following ways:


The Registrar's Office cannot accept transcript orders by telephone. The usual turnaround time for transcript orders is 24 business hours once your order is received. A hold on your record may prevent the release of transcripts.


Types of Official Transcripts

UCM sends official transcripts via paper mail, fax, and e-mailed pdf*.  Please note, some institutions will not consider a faxed or pdf transcript official.  Please check with the receiver prior to placing your transcript order.


*UCM has two types of pdf transcripts: password-secured and unsecured.  Orders placed online in MyCentral will produce a password-secured pdf transcript from our transcript partner company, Parchment. Most employers and higher education institutions will accept this type of pdf transcript.  Orders placed using our transcript order form will produce a regular pdf attached to an e-mail - it is not password secured.  Some institutions will only accept pdf transcript that are password secured.

Cost for an Official Transcript

Transcripts are $10 per copy ($15 if mailed outside of the U.S.).  Transcripts cannot be faxed outside the United States. Faxed and e-mailed transcripts may not be considered official by the receiving institution. Please check with them before placing your order for a faxed or e-mailed transcript (see information above regarding the two types of pdf transcripts). Payment can be made via check (made payable to UCM), cash, or credit/debit card (Visa, Master Card, or Discover).  Transcripts will not be processed until payment is received. Transcripts sent to UCM departments/offices (via campus mail) for use on campus are free of charge and should not be requested online (the online request requires payment). Students who need a transcript sent to another office at UCM may make this request by e-mailing from their student e-mail account.

Instructions for Ordering a Transcript Online via MyCentral

The preferred and fastest method for ordering an official transcript is online via MyCentral. Online transcript orders require that you log into MyCentral with your 700# (student number) and password.  (Note –If you graduated or attended UCM before 1981 you cannot use our online transcript system. Please see the instructions below for mailing or faxing your request.)


  • Log into MyCentral using your 700# and password.  (Don’t know your 700#?  See instructions below.)
  • After logging in click on the “Student Services” tab and in the “UCM Student Records” section choose “Official Transcript” and follow the instructions on the page.
  • Please use appropriate capitalization, punctuation, and spelling on the transcript order form. What you enter will print on the transcript.
  • You will receive an order confirmation e-mail after placing your order.
  • If you experience a problem submitting your online request, please do not submit again. Call our office at 660-543-4914 during regular business hours (Mon.-Fri. 8-5, or 7:30-4:30 in the summer).
  • If you are unable to login to MyCentral, you will have to submit your request in person, by mail, by fax or by e-mail using the transcript request form.

If you do not know your 700# click here. If you have any trouble logging into MyCentral, contact the Technology Support Center at 660-543-4357 or

Instructions for Ordering a Transcript In-Person

In person transcript requests can be made in the Office of the Registrar and Student Records (WDE 1000).  One form of photo ID is required. In-person transcript services are available between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. during Fall and Spring semesters (August-May) and from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during Summer semester (May-August).

Instructions for Ordering a Transcript via Mail/Fax/E-mail

All other requests may be submitted using the transcript request form. If you are unable to access the form, send us a letter with your signature including the following information:

Mail your request with payment to:

University of Central Missouri
Office of the Registrar
Ward Edwards 1000
Warrensburg, MO  64093

Or fax your request to the Registrar’s Office at 660-543-8400.

Please contact the Registrar's Office at or 660-543-4914 with any additionans about transcript requests.

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Transcripts

May I request a transcript over the phone?

No, in order to ensure confidentiality requests cannot be taken by phone. Federal law requires a written signature or an online request using a secure PIN to authorize the release of your transcript.

May transcript requests be faxed?

Yes, requests may be faxed to 660-543-8400. Please print and fill out our transcript request form. Faxed requests require credit/debit card payment. Transcripts not picked up in person can be faxed, e-mailed, or mailed.  Transcripts are $10 per copy ($15 if mailed outside of the U. S.). Faxed and e-mailed transcripts may not be considered official by the receiving institution/party. Please check with the receiving institution before placing your transcript order. Transcript fees are non-refundable. Transcripts cannot be faxed overseas.

Can my mother/friend/spouse stop by and pick up a copy of my transcript?

Someone can obtain a copy of a student's transcript only if the student provides them with written, dated, and signed permission for release of the transcript. This must include the name of the person who will be picking up the transcript. The person picking up the transcript must provide photo ID.  Federal law prohibits release of grades or academic record information to anyone but the student without this special permission.  

I am a student at another school, but I took a course at UCM this summer.  How do I get my grade sent back to my school?

Students may obtain an official copy of their University of Central Missouri transcript in the Office of the Registrar by showing your photo ID. See instructions above to request a transcript online, by mail, e-mail, or by fax.

Is a copy of my high school transcript or other college transcripts on file in the Registrar's Office?

No.  The UCM Registrar maintains only UCM academic records.  It is the student's responsibility to obtain transcripts from previously attended institutions.

I took dual credit classes through UCM and want to transfer those credits to another university.  What do I do?

Students who earned dual credit through UCM during high school may request an official UCM transcript online, in person, by mail, or by fax.  The Registrar’s Office cannot accept transcript requests by telephone or e-mail (unless our PDF form is attached).  Follow the instructions above on this page for more information on ordering an official transcript.

I don’t need an official copy of my transcript, but could just use an unofficial one.  How do I get an unofficial copy?

Current and former students who attended Central after 1982 have access to unofficial transcripts via MyCentral.  The Registrar's Office does not issue unofficial transcripts.  Students can access their unofficial transcript by logging into MyCentral. Once logged in, go to the "Student Services" tab, “UCM Student Records”, and then choose "Unofficial Transcript".  The two drop down boxes may be ignored, unless those selections are pertinent to the search.  The information at the top of the document varies depending on if you choose “official” or “unofficial”, but please note, both versions are unofficial.  Coursework information is the same on both versions.


Unofficial transcripts do not indicate whether or a degree has been awarded.  Degrees earned are posted only to official transcripts. Dean's List designation will show with applicable semesters.