Open Calendar


Click to print this page

How to Order Official Transcripts


E-Transcripts and Mailed Transcript Ordering through National Student Clearinghouse

To order an official transcript using National Student Clearinghouse, you will be creating an account that will allow:

  • Online Ordering - Request Secure Documents quickly and easily
  • Secure Payment - Pay for your order online using a secure credit card checkout
  • Order History - View the history of your requests that have been made through National Student Clearinghouse
National Student Clearinghouse


If you know your MyCentral login information you can proceed to MyCentral. Select "Discover More" and search for "Transcript". From here, you can select either Official or Unofficial transcript. 



If you don’t know your UCM student number (700XXXXXX) contact the Registrar’s Office to receive your 700# and to update your personal email address. An updated email address is necessary to recover your MyCentral username. 

If you have your student number, but still need to recover your Network ID, go to the UCM Single Sign-On page. Choose the "Forgot Username" link on the page. On this page enter your Last Name (use the one from when you last attended UCM) and your BannerID (also known as your 700#, example 700xxxxxx). Don't know your student number, contact

To recover an old MyCentral password, try using the "Forgot Password" link on the UCM Single Sign-On page. If you are unable to retrieve your password online, contact the Technology Support Center (TSC) at 660-543-HELP (4357). Be prepared to provide your full name (and any prior names while attending), birthdate, and the last four of your social security number.


Need a faxed transcript?
Some institutions/companies will accept faxed transcripts.  Before placing an order for a faxed transcript, confirm that the receiving institution will accept this format as official.  Transcripts should be faxed directly to the receiving institution.  Make sure you have supplied the correct fax number.  
Students and former students can order a faxed transcript using our Transcript Request Form or through MyCentral.  Transcripts are faxed within 48 business hours from the UCM Registrar's Office (fax: 660-543-8400).



Other ways to order an Official Transcript


Other ways to order an official transcript include:

  • National Student Clearinghouse (preferred)
  • in person (Registrar's Office, Ward Edwards, Suite 1000)  
  • by mail (to UCM, Registrar's Office, Ward Edwards, Suite 1000, Warrensburg, MO 64093) using our order form
  • by email (to with our order form as an attachment
  • by fax (to 660-543-8400) using our order form

The Registrar's Office cannot accept transcript orders by telephone. The usual turnaround time for transcript orders is 24 business hours once your order is received. A hold on your record may prevent the release of transcripts. 

Types of Official Transcripts

 UCM sends official transcripts via paper mail, fax, and e-mailed pdf *Please note, some institutions will not consider a faxed or PDF transcript official. Please check with the receiver prior to placing your transcript order. 


Orders placed using our transcript order form will produce a regular pdf attached to an e-mail - it is not password secured.  Some institutions will only accept pdf transcript that are password secured. 

Cost for an Official Transcript

Transcripts are $10 per copy ($15 if mailed outside of the U.S.).  Transcripts cannot be faxed outside the United States.  Faxed and e-mailed transcripts may not be considered official by the receiving institution. Please check with them before placing your order for a faxed or e-mailed transcript (see information above regarding the two types of pdf transcripts). Payment can be made via check (made payable to UCM), cash, or credit/debit card (Visa, Master Card, or Discover).  Transcripts will not be processed until payment is received. Transcripts sent to UCM departments/offices (via campus mail) for use on campus are free of charge and should not be requested online (the online request requires payment). Students who need a transcript sent to another office at UCM may make this request by e-mailing from their student e-mail account.

 Frequently Asked Questions

May I request a transcript over the phone?

No, in order to ensure confidentiality requests cannot be taken by phone. Federal law requires a written signature or an online request using a secure PIN to authorize the release of your transcript.

May transcript requests be faxed?

Yes, requests may be faxed to 660-543-8400. Please print and fill out our transcript request form. Faxed requests require credit/debit card payment. Transcripts not picked up in person can be faxed, e-mailed, or mailed.  Transcripts are $10 per copy ($15 if mailed outside of the U. S.). Faxed and e-mailed transcripts may not be considered official by the receiving institution/party. Please check with the receiving institution before placing your transcript order. Transcript fees are non-refundable. Transcripts cannot be faxed overseas.

Can someone else pick up a copy of my transcript for me?

Someone can obtain a sealed copy of a student's transcript only if the student provides them with written, dated, and signed permission for release of the transcript. This must include the name of the person who will be picking up the transcript. The person picking up the transcript must provide photo ID.  Federal law prohibits release of grades or academic record information to anyone but the student without this special permission.  

I am a student at another school, but I took a course at UCM this semester. How do I get my grade sent back to my school?

Students may obtain an official copy of their University of Central Missouri transcript in the Office of the Registrar by showing your photo ID. See instructions above to request a transcript online, by mail, e-mail, or by fax.  

Is a copy of my high school transcript or other college transcripts on file in the Registrar's Office?

No.  The UCM Registrar maintains only UCM academic records.  It is the student's responsibility to obtain transcripts from previously attended institutions.

I took dual credit classes through UCM and want to transfer those credits to another university. What do I do?

Students who earned dual credit through UCM during high school may request an official UCM transcript through National Student Clearinghouse.  The Registrar’s Office cannot accept transcript requests by telephone or e-mail (unless our pdf form is attached).  Follow the instructions above on this page for more information on ordering an official transcript.

I don’t need an official copy of my transcript, but could just use an unofficial one. How do I get an unofficial copy?

Current and former students who attended Central after 1982 have access to unofficial transcripts via MyCentral.  The Registrar's Office does not issue unofficial transcripts.  Students can access their unofficial transcript by logging into MyCentral. Once logged in, select "Discover More" and search "Transcript". Select the Unofficial Transcript box. The information at the top of the document varies depending on if you choose “official” or “unofficial”, but please note, both versions are unofficial.  Coursework information is the same on both versions.

Unofficial transcripts do not indicate whether or a degree has been awarded.  Degrees earned are posted only to official transcripts. Dean's List designation will show with applicable semesters.



  • facebook
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • linkedin
  • instagram